As we all probably know by now, green building techniques have the potential to be money savers.
Green Building Techniques not only can you save on energy costs, a complete green home building program can:
- reduce natural resources depletion, save natural and man-made resources.
- lower your overall environmental impact.
- lower water consumption - buildings consume 14% of US potable water.
- encourage others to go green.
- lower green house gas emissions.
- reduce the amount of energy drawn from local utility companies - buildings account for 39% of US energy use.
- improve your indoor environmental quality.
- lower air-pollution - buildings account for 38% of US carbon dioxide - CO2 - emissions.
- lower dependency on foreign energy.
- reduce the amount of building/ solid waste sent to local landfills.
June 20, 2008 found both the Montana Home Builders Association and the Missoula Building Industry Association created a new voluntary residential green building program, named the Montana Green Building Program. This program has partnered with the Green Building Initiative (GBI) and is designed to help increase Montana energy-efficiency and produce more environmentally-friendly Montana homes. This Green Building Program has outlined a entry level that will offer training resources and practical green building methods for Montana green builders.
giving you the advantage...®